Thursday 29 April 2010

Secure USB Dongle

I was at an IT Security exhibition in London yesterday. I saw an interesting device which I'm considering buying to protect my manuscripts and business documents when I'm on the move. It is a USB memory "stick" called the Security Guardian. It incorporates embedded AES-256 encryption which is pretty much standard on these devices, but it also has built in GPS and GSM so you can track the location then it is in operation. You can lock down the data on a geographic basis and also remotely delete the protected data.

You can also pair the device with a specified Laptop computer so that the laptop will not operate if the dongle is not present and is in the "approved" location. One version of the device has a built in battery that will allow three days tracking even after the laptop is switched off.

Alaric  

No comments:

Post a Comment