Monday 19 April 2010

A different life

I continue the process of writing the three volume of the Adam Cranford Series of books. As part of that process I've been doing a lot of research into the Pitcairn Islands. This is a remote place. The nearest International Airport is is over a thousand miles away. They rely on a regular boat service that arrives four times a year, and some occasional visiting yacht's, tourist boats and passing commercial vessels. Yet I discover that every house on the main island has a broadband internet link. I'll be setting part of the action on the largest island which is called Henderson Island. This island is 170 km's from Adamstown which is the populated island. Henderson is surrounded by limestone cliffs and coral. There are only a couple of passageways through the Coral. The island is now a nature reserve and is recognised by UNESCO.

I'm receiving great support from the Island Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment